As we usher in the New year, we recognize January as Vocational Service month.
LET’S FOCUS ON THE CONCEPT OF VOCATIONAL SERVICE
The Object of Rotary is a philosophical statement of Rotary’s purpose and the responsibilities of Rotarians. The concept of vocational service is rooted in the second object, which calls on Rotarians to encourage and foster:
• High ethical standards in business and professions
• The recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations
• The dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
• As a Rotarian, how can you put these ideals into action? Consider these suggestions:
• Talk about your profession in your club and take time to learn about fellow members’ occupations.
• Use your skills and expertise to serve a community.
• Practice your profession with integrity and inspire others to behave ethically through your words and actions.
• Help young people achieve their career goals.
• Guide and encourage others in their professional development.
By undertaking these activities, you bring vocational service to life. Vocational service is the essence of Rotary and serves as the foundation from which we serve our communities around the world.
Find inspiring examples of ways to take action through vocational service. Consider doing some of the described activities or introducing similar ones to our club. Alternately, you may want to expand on current efforts. Happy New Year to ALL!!
Regards in Rotary